RH2 is seeking an entry level Electrical and Control Systems staff engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will perform electrical and control system designs for utility facilities for clients throughout Washington under the supervision of senior level engineers.
Work will include:
- Electrical system design for facilities per NEC and local codes;
- Electrical load calculation, voltage drop, and sizing of conduit and conductors;
- AutoCAD drafting of electrical designs;
- Control system design, including relay logic, PLCs, radios, and Ethernet communications;
SCADA and HMI programming (Wonderware and FactoryTalk);
- PLC Programming (RSLogix 5000); and
- Control system IT maintenance (Firmware upgrades, server updates, VPN setup, VNC and remote desktop troubleshooting).
Basic understanding of facility electrical design is required. BS in electrical or computer engineering required. Candidate should have EIT or ability to complete exam within six months.
RH2 is seeking staff engineers with a Civil or Mechanical engineering degree and 0 to 4 years of experience to join our team. Staff engineers are involved in a variety of projects involving the planning, design, and construction of water, wastewater, irrigation, and stormwater systems, as well as transportation facilities. This position requires a competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered. This position may require limited travel to project sites or between RH2 office locations.
Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills. This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to a broad area of assignments. The chosen candidate must be a team player, a flexible self-starter, and willing to take on challenging assignments.
A BSCE or BSME is required, although students in the final stages of their senior year will also be considered. Strong working knowledge of standard design software, including AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, and Microsoft Excel or similar software is preferred.
RH2 is looking to add Civil/Mechanical Project Engineers to our Bothell and Portland offices. As a Project Engineer, you will work with our staff in the planning, design, and construction of water, wastewater, irrigation, stormwater, and transportation projects. We are looking for someone who can see beyond preconceived limitations, approaching challenges from multiple, sometimes untraditional angles to develop truly innovative solutions by adapting and modifying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. If you thrive on thinking critically to solve complex problems, working in a collaborative team environment, and creating technically accurate deliverables, you might be just what we are looking for.
- Lead design efforts and coordination of multi-discipline design teams
- Interact directly with clients and review agencies
- Provide project management and marketing support efforts on a variety of projects
- Mentor staff engineers
- A Bachelor of Science or higher degree in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- A professional Civil or Mechanical Engineering license (PE) in Oregon or Washington
- Four to eight years of professional experience in public sector consulting
- Ability to manage projects from design through construction
- Experience with local and regional design standards, and ability to apply those standards to design and analysis
- Experience managing other engineers (with strong leadership skills), interacting with clients, and coordinating with permitting agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare project proposals, budgets, and review invoices
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- High energy and the flexibility to adapt to changing client needs and schedules
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams in multiple offices
- Strong design and computer skills including experience using AutoCAD. Civil 3D and BIM experience are a plus
- Proficient use of Excel and other Microsoft Office software
RH2 is seeking an experienced hydrogeologist/engineering geologist for our Bothell or Portland office with five to seven years of experience. The ideal candidate will be a multi-discipline geological scientist with experience in characterization of soil, groundwater, and geotechnical conditions to support water supply development, water protection, water infrastructure siting, design and construction. The candidate will be required to work with planners and a diverse engineering design team to provide insights related to groundwater yield from wells, aquifer properties, wellhead protection, construction dewatering, infiltration, constructability of civil works, and geologic hazards and mitigation approaches.
- Characterization of groundwater systems
- Well drilling and aquifer testing
- Site characterization of soil, groundwater and geotechnical properties for water infrastructure design
- Geologic hazard assessment
- Geologic and geotechnical analysis and reporting
- Bachelors of Science in Geological Sciences with seven years-experience, or five years-experience with a Masters in Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology, or Applied Geologic Sciences
- Licensed Geologist in Washington State or equivalent licensing.
- Experience with managing and directing soil and groundwater drilling and testing programs
- Experience with analysis and reporting of soil and groundwater conditions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in GIS, modeling, remote sensing, or other technical supporting discipline.